Professional Ant Extermination in Melbourne That Will Get Rid of The Little Invaders
From structural damage to food contamination, ants can be far more than a nuisance! Killing the worker ants you see out in the open will do little to prevent an infestation. Their chemical markers will remain and others will just come to take their place. With ant control in Melbourne, you want to act firmly and destroy the entire colony.
Dealing with an ant infestation requires more than brute strength. Fantastic Pest Control has the know-how and experience to deliver you from this pest with tactical precision. The ant eradication experts go straight for the jugular and remove the source of all your grief - the queen. It's smooth sailing from there. You can count on us for ant treatment and other pest control services in Melbourne. Don't hesitate to check prices and availability!
Signs of an Ant Infestation
- - If you’re seeing lots of live ants marching around your property, this could be a sign that their nest is closer;
- - If you detect ant pathways going inside your property, this can be a sign that they’re attracted to your property. Ants leave a trail of pheromones that will attract other worker ants;
- - If you notice small piles of soil or mud close to your house, this may be a sign that an ant colony lives there. Some ants will make their nests inside your property - in wall cracks, cupboards, basements etc;
- - If a nearby yard or house is treated for ants, the invader may search for the closest, safest spot to rebuild their colony.
If you find a nest, this definitely means that you have an ant infestation. You must handle the problem as soon as possible to avoid constructional damages or contaminations.
Step-by-Step Ant Control in Melbourne Done by Professionals
Upon arriving on your property, the ant exterminators need to determine the level of the infestation. They’ll examine all entry points and will locate the place of the ant colony. It will usually be nearby. All this information is necessary in order to take the right course of action.
The ant control technicians will then use dust or spray insecticides around the whole house and set specialized baits around food areas. In both cases, ants will bring the poison back to the colony, where the queen will be affected and eventually killed.
Since most ant species can only have one queen, this will deal a deadly blow on the entire colony. With the poison acting on them, even if they have the ability to develop a “backup queen” (as some species do), she will die as well. Once the colony is dealt with, your home will be safe from unwanted insect guests.
In case you have any lingering doubts, you can schedule a second ant control visit, which will determine if the problem has been fully dealt with. The ant controllers will then have another look around the premises.
After they’re done with the ant treatment, the technicians will give you advice on how to proof your home and how to repel more potential attacks from this tiny invader.
Ant Infestation Prevention
Here are some tips from the professional ant controllers to prevent an ant infestation in your home:
- - Don’t leave food scraps around your home. Food is the main reason ants will invade your property. Make sure to clean any food spills and seal all food containers. Ants have a strong sense of smell, so they can easily find food and water.
- - Seal wall and floor cracks to interfere their way inside
- - Take out the trash regularly and rinse food containers and bottles before putting them in the bin.
- - Keep your house clean. Clean regularly your kitchen, wipe away excess water from the bathroom.
Frequently Asked Questions
What caused my ant problem?
Ants would literally eat anything, so any food leftovers are bound to attract them. Whether you left pizza in the open rubbish bin, spaghetti in the fridge, or an open snack in the kitchen cabinet, as long as it exerts any sort of scent, you can be certain that, sooner or later, it will attract ants. They are especially fond of sugary foods, so anything sweet works like an ant magnet.
How can I deal with the infestation?
The best way to deal with an infestation is to remove the reason for the infestation. Ants came to your home in search of food. This means that you should put food leftovers in sealed containers. You should clean spillages immediately. Take out the rubbish regularly, especially if there are food leftovers inside. Ants have a very keen sense of smell. If they can’t smell food, they will assume it’s not there. This will deprive them of a reason to stay.
What’s a natural ant repellent?
Ants communicate mostly through their olfactory receptors or, in other words, their sense of smell. This means strong scents are their natural enemies. They mask their pheromonal pathways and block signals they send each other. Peppermint oil, citrus oil, cinnamon, and vinegar are perfect for this job. Apply them around possible ant entry points or pathways. You should notice a change in their behaviour soon.
Are ants dangerous?
Some species can be. Australia has some pretty aggressive ant species, such as the bull ant. They have huge mandibles and their bite is extremely painful. They are also quite big in size, so you shouldn’t have any trouble identifying them. To be certain, it’s best to keep your distance and call in professionals.