Expert and Reliable Fly Control in Brisbane
- A full 3-step service - inspection, treatment and prevention
- Fully-equipped and trained pest technicians
- Flexible schedule and options for same-day bookings
- A guaranteed service not restricted in time
- Able to deal with all kinds of flies and other pests
Why do you need a fly control service?
Flies are some of the most annoying and hard to get rid of pests in Australia and still, many people tend to neglect a potential infestation just because they are used to seeing them all the time. However, a full-scale infestation can lead to many problems regarding your property, your health and much more. Flesh flies and fruit flies are attracted to anything that is rotting, as well as to waste matter, your property’s drains, etc. and they can easily transfer bacteria and germs to your food and cross-contaminate kitchen utensils and surfaces. One of these bad bacteria is the Salmonella one, which can lead to the dangerous disease - Salmonellosis. Flies are responsible for transmitting many other diseases, such as Dysentery, Typhoid, Cholera, Tuberculosis and more.
So if you want to avoid all of these troubles and keep your family safe, schedule an inspection with Fantastic Services today! The pest technicians will use high-end products and tools, in order to deliver you the best possible service and free your home from any existing or potential fly infestation. You can receive your free quote by giving us a quick call or by filling out our contact form with your request.
What are the signs of a fly infestation
If you see one or two flies in the summer, you probably have nothing to really worry about. However, when the signs become more obvious and common, it’s time to seek the help of a professional.
Here is what you need to look out for:
- An increased number of flies - Carefully look around potentially infested areas, such as waste bins in your kitchen or forgotten tyres in your back garden. Anywhere near a water source, too - like gutters, and even waterlogged plants in pots.
- Maggots - Flies usually breed close to their food source, so look out for their larvae around waste areas and rotting food. Seeing maggots is a sure sign that flies are using your home as a breeding ground.
- Clusters of small dark spots - You can find those in all the difficult to clean areas like drains, cavities in the walls, sub-floor areas, around sinks and your washing machine, and below damaged tile flooring.
What to expect from our professional fly control service in Brisbane?
The inspectionThe fly exterminator will arrive on time at your property and immediately perform a full inspection to determine the source and level of infestation, as well as the exact type of fly you have problems with. This way he will be able to advise you on time if you have any other pests in your home so that you can take care of the problem as soon as possible and avoid another invasion.
Fly control treatmentThe certified pest technician will proceed with the treatment by applying a powerful insecticide to all the infested areas. He will also treat any surfaces that might act as breeding grounds for the health-hazardous insects.
Follow-up visitIf you have booked a service with a 1-month guarantee you have a 30-day period in which you can organise a second visit free of charge. This will ensure that the job is complete and take care of any remaining flies in the property. You can also book a service with a 3 months guarantee in which you have 2 additional visits included. This service is suitable for people who suffer from a full-scale fly infestation and will extra spraying in order to get rid of the pests.
Prevention of a fly infestation
Being a victim of a full-scale fly infestation is quite stressful and chances are that you don’t want this happening again. Here are some tips on how to prevent a fly invasion in your home or office.
- If you don’t have fly screens, keep your windows and doors closed as much as possible, especially during the summer.
- Install fly screens so you can ventilate your home and still keep flies away. This will also protect you from mosquitoes and other pests that might sneak in your home.
- Cover your food and don’t keep it out in the open for too long, especially in the summer.
- If you spill any liquid or food, clean it up immediately.
- Make sure that all of your bins have tight lids and empty them regularly.
- Clean up after your pets and make sure that their food is not attracting any pests to your home.
- Regularly get rid of any dead flies you see around the property.
- Declutter your home, especially attics and basements so that you limit the potential breeding grounds for flies.
- Regularly clean up your garden and remove any decaying flowers and other kinds of green life that are rotting and may attract flies.
- Place bowls of dried cloves around your house. Flies hate the smell and they won’t go anywhere near it!
People Also Ask
How can I prepare for the fly control treatment?
The general instructions usually include vacuuming the property, emptying the bins and providing access to hard-to-reach places. Upon booking the service, you will receive a thorough email with instructions on what you need to do exactly, so please read it carefully.
Are there any plants that keep flies away from my home?
Most species of flies cannot stand the smell of basil, eucalyptus, lavender and peppermint. You can put a couple of basil plants in your kitchen, for example, or use essential oils, in order to prevent the flies from invading your home.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
No problem! Just give us a call at least 2 days before the service and together, we can choose a new date that will suit your schedule better.
What should I do after the first treatment?
The fly exterminator will provide you with instructions when the service is over but generally it’s best to leave the property for at least 4 hours and take your pets with you, as well, even fish. Don’t vacuum or mop the property for a couple of days in order to achieve maximum results from the treatment.