Why Fantastic Bed Bug Control in Melbourne works
We're the best when bed bug control in Melbourne is concerned because you get:
- Seven-day and emergency services - Need help with bed bugs ASAP? Done. Want us to take care of your pest problem while you go on vacation? Done.
- Green methods - Our strategy includes eco-friendly pesticides that eliminate pests without health risks for humans and pets.
- Full instructions after every treatment - You will receive a checklist with advice on how to enhance the result of the pest control service and keep yourself safe after we’re done.
- Choice of service levels - Book a budget-friendly one-off visit, or sign-up for a multi-visit treatment - whatever best suits your case.
- 3-step pest control treatment - Our guaranteed pest control service includes a thorough inspection, effective treatment, and follow-up visits so you can quickly forget about your pest problems.
- Free reschedule - Something getting in the way of your original appointment? Not a problem. As long as you give us a 48-hour notice, rescheduling is free.
What our clients in Melbourne say
Why Book Professional Bed Bug Treatment in Melbourne
Depending on the humidity and the temperature, bed bugs can go without food for up to 400 days! That’s why you may have them for months without any signs of an infestation. Bed bugs prefer to hide in cracks and holes under your bed during the day and come out to feed during the night.
Bed bugs are tricky to locate and reproduce extremely quickly, so timely detection and eradication are critical. They usually transfer from place to place through your personal belongings. They can find their way home through old furniture, beddings, backpacks, bags and clothes.
Although they don’t usually transmit diseases to humans, bed bug bites are itchy, painful, cause discomfort, and could easily be avoided. If you have recently travelled or stayed in hotels, motels or other public accommodations you might have brought bed bugs home with you.
Overall, it can be quite hard to determine for yourself whether you are a victim of an infestation or not, which is why we recommend that you contact a professional pest exterminator to help you out.
Bed bugs have been known human parasites for thousands of years. Check out our Pest Library to learn more about them.
How we do bed bug control in Melbourne
Prepare your propertyBefore the pest controllers arrive you need to prepare your property for the service:
- Vacuum clean the affected areas to remove some of the bed bugs.
- Remove all bed sheets and mattress covers and put them in a plastic bag. After the service is done, wash the bedding at high temperature.
- Remove all personal belongings underneath the bed, if there are any.
- Remove all the clothes from wardrobes near the affected area and wash them on high temperature after the service is done.
- If there is a sofa bed or couch affected, remove all of the cushion covers, if possible, and put them in a plastic bag as well. Wash them after the service and put them back.
- Take your pets off the premises, even fish.
Bed bug InspectionUpon arrival, your pest technician will take a look around your property to determine the level of infestation and which areas are affected the most. Then, he will prepare for the bed bug treatment. Remember that the usual treatment includes two visits, according to the Australian Standards and Industry Codes of Practice.
Initial Bed Bug TreatmentOur bed bug controllers in Melbourne spray the affected areas with a potent industry-approved insecticide. This includes mattresses, bed frames, underneath the bed, skirting boards, floorboards/carpet, corners, cracks, crevices, wardrobes, etc.
The exterminator will also be spraying the frames of drawers and pictures (paintings) etc. This will eradicate most adult bed bugs and their nymphs (the young bed bugs).
The recommended period of time for people and pets to be away from the house is 4h. When returning to your house, it’s recommended to ventilate all treated areas.
Secondary TreatmentBed bugs have a life cycle of 10 to 14 days, which is why a follow-up visit is highly recommended. This way, we exterminate not only the mature generation but the new one as well. The pest controller will return to your property 2-3 weeks later for a second treatment to eliminate any remaining bed bugs.
The service comes with a 2-month guarantee, including 1 follow-up visit. If the infestation is heavy, the technician may recommend more than 2 visits. You will receive confirmation on-site about how many treatments are necessary to rid you of the bed bug infestation.
Frequently Asked Questions
My home is clean. Why do I have bed bugs?
Although cleanliness is next to godliness, it doesn’t always guarantee you will avoid an infestation. Bed bugs often hitch-hike from somewhere else. The best thing you can do is pest-proof your home, keep it clean, don’t keep food leftovers lying around, and throw away the rubbish regularly. This doesn’t guarantee 100% that you won’t get bed bugs, but it definitely helps.
Are bed bugs dangerous?
Mainly, they are quite the nuisance. The bites can often cause an allergic reaction like asthma attacks and anaphylaxis but they usually don’t transmit infectious diseases. Housepets such as cats, dogs, bunnies, and hamsters are particularly vulnerable to their attacks.
How to prepare the house for bed bug control?
Our pro will need unobstructed access to the areas you suspect bed bugs are at large. You can vacuum or mop the floors and furniture in the affected areas. On top of that, you could de-clutter and free the space around known cracks in your walls/floors.
Do you offer a service warranty?
You have a 60-day warranty period in which you can arrange 1 follow-up visit (if required) free of charge. We only issue a warranty if you opt for spraying the whole house, since bed bugs hide in lots of places.
What can be done before the service to minimiсe the spreading of bed bugs?
The easiest and most effective thing you can do is to vacuum the affected areas, especially under the bed. Use a disposable bag and throw it away when you finish cleaning to avoid further spreading.
Is there anything I must do after the bed bug service?
Please do not clean the areas after the treatment for at least 4 days. Don't wash, don't mop, don't sweep, don't vacuum. Let the insecticide do its magic. We only recommend the room to be well-ventilated when you come back to your house.
What are the signs of a bed bug infestation?
Common signs include tiny blood stains on your sheets and an itchy rash that appears out of nowhere. Dark-brown stains on your sheets also point towards bed bugs - that's probably their excrements.
Is it safe to be in the house after pest control?
It is imperative that you wait for at least 3-4 hours before you go back into your house or let your pets inside.